INENSUS - your strong partner for small scale wind power.
INENSUS is an acronym for »INtegrated ENergy SUpply Systems«. This reflects exactly what we do. INENSUS is a technology oriented company, focusing on innovative solutions for decentralized power supply, in mini-grids and utility grid connected systems.
- 2010:ENERSA S.A. electrifies the village of Sine Moussa Abdou in Senegal according to the Micro Power Economy business and risk management model. INENSUS wins the Innovation Award for the Climate and the Environment 2010 of the German Ministry of the Environment and the German Industry Foundation. Furthermore, ENERSA and INENSUS win the Seed Award of UNDP, UNEP and IUCN together with partners. SIEB & MEYER AG becomes a stakeholder of INENSUS GmbH.
- 2009:The company grows its staff to approx. 10 employees along with the revenue.
- 2008:INENSUS and its partner SIEB & MEYER launch the aeocon 4600 grid-tied converter for small wind turbines. The Senegalese company ENERSA S.A. is established as a Joint Venture of INENSUS GmbH and the Senegalese company MATFORCE CSI with the aim to electrify villages according to the Micro Power Economy approach.
- 2007: The company moves its headquarters to Goslar close to the newly founded Energy Research Center of Lower Saxony. Opening of the new division »Rural Power Supply«. The aeolog compact wind monitoring system is being launched. INENSUS accompanies the secretary of state of the German Foreign Ministry on an official trip to Ghana and Nigeria. The prime minister of Lower Saxony visits INENSUS during the opening of the Energy Research Center of Lower Saxony.
- 2006: INENSUS witnesses a year of strong growth. International contacts are being extended. Focus of INENSUS business activities is the development of power electronics for operation control of small wind turbines. The offices and laboratories are getting too small for the INENSUS activities.
- 2005: INENSUS is being founded and business activities are started. The INENSUS headquarters are located at the Institute of Electrical Power Engineering of Clausthal University of Technology. INENSUS becomes a member of the World Wind Energy Association and the African Wind Energy Association.
- 2004: The INENSUS business concept is being awarded the EXIST-SEED fund of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research. This opens up the opportunity to refine upon the business plan, do technical development for first products and get in touch with customers.
- 2003: Three students of the Institute of Electrical Power Engineering of Clausthal University of Technology discover their common interest in wind energy application in Africa during a university project. The idea to found INENSUS was born.
INENSUS welcomes you on its websites. We would be pleased to contact you personally to see how we can be of help for your developing project. Please do not hesitate to get in touch.